Most people think that Social Media is about sharing, connecting and engaging. While this is true in every sense of the word(s) it’s also the planets most tapped resource for “up to the second” news, research and keeping an eye on your competition.
Remember that earthquake that hit about a month ago? It was all over Facebook well before TV aired it. The London riots of 2011, supposedly started via communicating via twitter, ironically was reported back to the world by journalists who were following hashtagged tweets through twitter!
So you can see, the ability to sift through the millions of daily tweets would be advantageous if one were wanting to capture anyone tweeting about nightclubs in Sydney or Restaurants in New York. And if a tweet pops up that fits the bill, a quick reply back could garner a new customer.
We’ve actually shown you how this can be done below using MyGuestlist’s Live Radar. We’ve also done some brand management (checked out the MyGuestlist tweets and who might be tweeting about us) and also some competition stalking (if we were ever to go head to head with East Broadbeach).
In reality, the sky’s the limit with Live Radar and these 2 examples shown, are just the tip of the iceberg.
- Quick Update – New MyGuestlist Calendar Integration and Advanced Search Function
- Social Media – The “Don’t Forget Your Website” Edition
- Using Pinterest For Your Venue or Event
- Facebook Changes – The “So Many It Deserves Its Own Blog Post” Edition
- What Are Venues Around The World Starting To Do To Answer The Question “Where Are We Going Tonight?”